Textile and Fabric cutting with Laser Cutting Machine
http://www.unilasertec.com 2016-12-15 9:40:22 1
Laser Cutting Machine are an efficient and effective tool for cutting materials and are widely used in the texitle and fabric, garment and apparel, sports wear industries. They are most effective, however, when combined with CNC machining.
Laser cutting works by focusing a high-powered laser onto the surface of the materials, usually focused through an optical system. The material is then removed by being burnt, vaporized, or blown away as a jet of gas, leaving a precisely cut edge and a high quality surface finish. Industrial lasers are used to cut pipes and tubes as well as flat sheet material.
Laser Cutting Machine Work
A laser beam is generated by stimulating a lasing material with electrical discharges contained within a closed container. This generates a beam of light that is then reflected within the machine by using a partial mirror until it achieves enough energy to escape as a beam of single coloured coherent light. This beam of light is then directed through fiber optics and/or mirrors and focused on the metal to be cut. The cutting section of the beam is very fine, usually less them 0.32mm in diameter.
Advantages Of Using CNC Machining Lasers
The advantages of using lasers to cut metal rather mechanical cutting processes include:
- It is easier to keep the work-piece in place - mechanical cutting applies various forces that mean the piece has to be solidly clamped to keep it steady.
- Reduced contamination - as there is no swarf, cooling fluid or external blade that can wear and leave deposits, it is a much cleaner process.
- Better precision - physical blades wear and this can affect the line of their cut. Lasers are no affected this way and the cutting point does not vary.
- Reduced chance of warping - as there is no drag of a blade through the material, and the hot cutting point is very localised, deformation from mechanical forces is avoided.
- Intricate cuts are also achievable - mechanical blades are limited in their ability to change direction.
- Lasers are more accurate and use less energy than plasma cutters.
When combined with the control offered by Laser Cutting Machine, lasers can cut complex shapes and designs quickly and accurately.